5.5.08

Sirit na!

I already started with U Eliserio's second published book, Di Lang Anghel ("finish" with Sa Mga Suso ng Liwanag). The introduction promised of Gaiman influence. Am not really fond of Gaiman, but I think we're in the same page when it comes to ethics and human (/cosmic?) behavior. The complexity of behavior dressed in simple "anti-social" acts.

It was getting to be an interesting read, however, sleep demanded its turn. Anghel requires active reading (much like Prof. Lumbera's endorsed "reading" of a movie). Stubbornly persevering through the pages would only be folly.

I did that with Suso and look where it got me. I still couldn't figure out who killed Sando.
Unless some angel bring light to the mystery, looks like I have to re-read Suso.


By the way, I bought my copy of Di Lang Anghel from a used book shop behind Palma Hall. I envy the manong there (forgot his name). The way he recommends books, it's as if he's read every last one of them. And I mean read. He even measures/gauges/probes your preferences to give appropriate recommendations.

Their pricing is relatively manageable. More importantly, the books (most of them, anyway) sold there are in good condition. I just wish they get their hands on more Filipino books.

Image taken from http://ueliserio.blogspot.com/

0 komento:

Mga Katha(ngahan)

nahatak ng sentro de grabedad